Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #183 Pirate Day

Hello Again :)
 
How are you all doing? This past week has flown by. I am so excited for this challenge at the Die Cuttin' Divas. I have never made a pirate card, or really any masculine cards. My first step was to head over to mycutsearch looking for pirate images. (The hardest part for me is remembering what cartridges I have. Do you all have this same issue? How do you all remember? Do you keep a list? I've found the phone apps to be useless.) I figured out my cut(from create a friend), but then I had ZERO papers that would really go with a pirate theme. This meant a trip to Hobby Lobby was in order. Paper is my main source of inspiration, and this is no exception. My son actually picked out the top paper for me. Isn't it perfect? He did a good job :) I then found the red stripes. They have them in grey and black as well, I know because I wasn't sure which I wanted to use, so I bought them all. Haha I'm such a paper hoarder. 
 
I have to admit I tried a few different versions, having to scrap most of them. Mostly different color combinations and layouts. To make this a little more detailed I used chalks and glitter and the enamel dots I made. I really believe with the cards that I make each new one becomes my favorite, but my hope is that you find it as much fun to look at as I had creating it.
 
Here's what I used.  
1. Hobby Lobby The Paper Studio papers.
2. Recollections Card stock.
3. Pebbles Chalks
4. Cricut Create a Friend
5. Homemade Enamel Dots
6. Stickles
 
 
I added rosy cheeks, and chalked his shirt to make it look a bit raggedy. I also added stickles to the hook to make it pop. Those are enamel dots I made for a previous post.
 
I added chalk around the sentiment to add dimension. I actually made this sentiment up and printed it out, then cut it by hand.
 
Love this little guy.

Well I hope you all enjoyed this card, don't forget to go over to the Die Cuttin' Divas. I'd love to see your submissions. Since the papers inspired this card, why don't you let me know what inspires you to create? I truly am excited to find out. Thanks for reading :) 

~Dusty Rae
 

5 comments:

  1. So adorable, and the cutest background paper!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Esther! I bought 6 sheets lol
      ~Dusty Rae

      Delete
  2. Your son did a great job picking out the background paper, but you brought it home with the card design! Beautiful job!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn, He did didn't he? Thank you so much! This was so much fun.
      ~Dusty Rae

      Delete