Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sweet Recipe -- Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge190: Recipe



Hello Beautiful People! I hope this November has started off well for you all :) We have had a stomach bug that will just not die, and the end of the soccer season was this weekend.  I love watching my kids' games, but 3 practices a week with 2+ games is wearing. I am ready to transition into the holidays. This is my very very very favorite time of year, and this Christmas we will be in Bryson City, North Carolina. We have quite a bit to look forward to, and I am so excited. 
November 2nd was one of my baby cousin's 21st Brithday. She is such an amazing person, and I wanted to make her card for this weeks challenge at the Die Cuttin' Divas. This week is Challenge #190 which is a Recipe of  1 Ribbon/Twine, 2 Pattern Papers, 3 Pearls/Gems and don't forget the die cut :)  I with my juvenile humor thought it was funny to play on the challenge of "recipe" with a cupcake. lol I still think it's funny. 

This was my very first purchased SVG file. I purchased the cupcake from Pixels and Company. To be honest, this wasn't the easiest website to navigate, but I found the image via a Google search and I just searched for "cupcake" in the store. I LOVE my new Explore, in case I haven't mentioned that. The papers I used are from Doodlebug, but I lost the cover of the paper pad, so I'm not sure what collection it's from. The amazing 3-D bow is from American Crafts, and all the remaining items are from The Paper Studio. 



There is a funny story with this sentiment. I had originally stamped with a stamp I had purchased from a blog that sells their own stamps. After a whole day, the scale of the sentiment was completely off. It was far too tiny. At that point I was really needing to get my photos edited, so I was in somewhat of a hurry. When this happens, I get out the handy dandy word processor and one of the many many fonts I have. I quickly grabbed a few fun looking fonts and printed the sentiment out in several sizes of each. Then, low and behold I had printed out in the exact same font that the original stamp was made with. lol. I guess that stamp was perfect for what I was wanting, it was just too small. I also hadn't realized that was how stamps were made. It makes sense, but I had never even thought about it. 



I'm usually pretty frightened by mixing patterns so closely, but I think it's fun.  She is such a fun person I think it will suite her well. This is my very first time using a card recipe, and all in all it was challenging and super fun. I hope you all decide to play along with us all at the Die Cuttin' Divas. I can't wait to see what you guys create :)  I will be creating a new Facebook Page for my blog, so be looking for that soon. Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think.
~Dusty Rae

3 comments:

  1. What a super cute card!!! Love the bright colors!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! So sorry your family is sick. Hope everyone gets better soon!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete