Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Stay Classy San Diego!

Hello All :) (disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with San Diego or Anchorman for that matter)

  It's been about a week since I have posted.  I am trying to get the hang of being on a design team, which honestly, is sooo much fun!  Krafty Girls is a great bunch of ladies and they have some pretty uh-mazing projects.  I am really having to step up my game here. There have been some changes, so I am not posting the next challenge project just yet, but I thought I would share one of my favorite cards I have made yet.



  This card was the most fun I have ever had creating.  I made this as a back to school card for my 17 year old sister.  I think it's pretty funny, and she did too.  I hope none of you find it offensive.  I assure you it was all in good fun.

  It all started with a sentiment from the "Give a Hoot" Cricut cartridge.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make a card for her with it. This also gave me the freedom to make this card as loud, vibrant, and tacky as I could. (hence the most fun card ever!) I was definitely channeling Peg Bundy from "Married with Children", minus the animal print.

  So let's get started. I even have step by step pictures. Forgive the quality they're from my phone, and honestly I am too lazy to edit them. lol There are quite a few pictures, and I'd have to make them all match.  I'm sure you all don't mind a little "background" right? good :)


 
1.

I decided to stamp my own back ground first, so here I masked off my top piece. Since I wanted a little white on the edges I placed the washi tape at a uniform distance all the way around.
 
2.
 
This is the background stamp I decided to use. At the time I didn't have a polka dot embossing folder, which would have made things much easier and didn't want to commit to a large background stamp. So teeny tiny stamp it was.
 
3.
 
Here comes the vibrant color. This is a Cat's Eye Pigment ink from Color Box in Picante.
This color is fantastic, it's like a super bright red orange.
 
4.
 
It was so hard to stamp semi-uniformly over and over. this is almost half way through. (you'll see that I messed up later. ha!)
 
5.
 
I then inked the edges in Surf blue, that's from the same color pack by Color Box.
 
6.
 
I then chose some lime green cardstock for my card base. It's probably from Recollections, most of my solid 8 1/2 x11 is.  I also chose my brightest loudest ribbon.  Look at how it ties all the colors together, I'd love to say I planned it, but sometimes things just work out.  I know I got it at Michaels on sale. The card looks terrible now, but it's starting to come together. (I bet you see those crooked lines now too huh?)
 
7.
 
Yes, this is my practice sheet. I used it on my card, but with that Therm-o-web Super Tape ain't nobody going to get to see the nasty back.
 
8.
 
Just in case you didn't know what Super Tape was.
 
9. It's all coming together
 
 It's cute right? I cut the sentiment out with glitter paper and the shadow with metallic paper
. The trashcan tore a little on the lid, but it still looks okay. I used a silvery grey paper for
 the can and in the lines is a metallic pink.
 
10.(told you there were lots-o-pictures)
 
I used some nail art glitter flakes from Dollar Tree for the "trash".  There was supposed to be a bear coming out of the can, but it just didn't fit with the sassiness I was going for.
 
11. And how I made this Sassy card into a back to school card...
 
Lol, I know it's tacky to laugh at your own jokes, but I still laugh about this card. (Plus I have to me kind of tacky to make that front right?)  I used the Cricut "Recess" cartridge for the books and apple. They really made the card complete.
 
12.
 
I used white cardstock, some purple Halloween paper, and green glitter paper. "Be Classy" was actually black stickers I had left over from a previous project.
 
 
 
   Well, that is it for my  "classy" card. I hope you liked it.  Leave me a comment, or send me a message.  I'd love to hear from you!  Thanks for reading!
 
~Dusty

 
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dusty! You put so much work into this card and it shows :) I like how you created your own paper to match your card and style. Looks fantastic!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete