Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

"Souper" Cheap Cricut Cartridge Storage

Hello All :)

     It has been a few days since my last post, and man have I been busy.  I thought Summer was supposed to slow life down a little, but between drama camp, t-ball games, and out of town trips we have been busier than when school was still in session.  I think I need a beach and an umbrella drink in my hand, who's with me?

    Today's post is a super cheap way to store Cricut cartridges.  I know they have binders and bins and folders and cases, but I have always been the kind of person who prefers original packaging if at all possible.  For example, I used to "laminate" my crayon boxes with clear packing tape to prevent them from tearing up.  I know.. Major Nerd!  I can't help it. Anyway, I was looking for ways to store the Cricut cartridge boxes about a year and a half ago, and I found a box that they fit PERFECTLY into.  Now, here is where the cute little pun in the title comes into play.  The box that fits them perfectly is.... a Ramen Noodle box. Can you believe it?  Everyone in my family really actually likes Ramen Noodles.  They aren't just for poor college kids. lol.  Please don't judge us.

    If someone else has already come up with this, then I am sorry for reposting it without credit.  I really haven't seen anyone else do this, and it was pure luck when they fit so well.  This works with the Cup of Ramen boxes as well.  One of the boxes is longer than the other, though that just allows 1-2 more cartridges fit into it.  This works with the new cartridges that use the universal overlay as well.  They're half the length of the originals, so you can fit two.

    The boxes are so convenient.  You can see the spines clearly, so you can see what cartridges you
 have.  With mine I got really tired of looking at the cardboard, and at the time money was a little scrunched.  Enter: Dollar Tree shelf liners.  I wrapped the boxes in the contact paper shelf liners from  Dollar Tree.  I used the wood grain one.  I have 6 boxes full of cartridges, and I think I only used 2 rolls.  That's only $2 or with our tax rate.. $2.16.  Pretty cheap, plus it was a way to repurpose some boxes I was just going to trash anyway.
 
AND NOW FOR PICTURES
Before
(Sorry for quality, these are almost 2 years old.)
 
After 
 
And here are a couple today.

 
 
    They're still holding up well, and as I get more cartridges we eat more Ramen.  Hope this helps some of you guys out there. Can't wait to share some pretty cards very soon. Thanks for reading :)
 
~Dusty


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dusty:) great idea for storing the cartridges. I'm also excited to be on the DT with you and look forward to your creations!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norma! I am very excited to be on the DT together as well. I think we're going to have lots of fun! I've been looking at your blog, and I think we're going to need to talk Stampin' Up :)
      ~Dusty

      Delete