Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

WRMK Letterpress Custom Pates and Huge Blog Improvements to Come!

Hello All :)

   I have made a decision to really start working on this blog.  I enjoy it so much, and I still don't have many followers. This has been a source of discouragement for me.. a BIG one. Then I realized I am writing this because I enjoy it, and to share parts of my life, plus I literally do nothing to advertise.  All I have been sharing is my paper crafting, but there is so much more to me than that.  I am a mom who is on a weight-loss journey (with weight-watchers/The Daniel Plan), I struggle with keeping my housework up (so I follow the FlyLady), and I try to constantly improve things in my home (meaning I spend way too much on decor and organization items).

    This weekend I am going to get out my planner and get to work making a schedule. I'm going to commit to 3-4 posts a week. Right now I have (including this one) 12 posts. When I get to 20 I am going to get a new custom blog design. I have never been good at delaying gratification. I'm an "I want it now" kind of person, so this is something to work towards.

    I am going to step-up my paper crafting and start entering some challenges, applying for additional design teams, and participating in some blog hops. I also plan to start participating in more of my FB Groups I am a member of. Who needs New Years for resolutions when you have July 4th? ha!

   Now on to my custom letterpress plates.  I ordered the WRMK Evolution Advanced with Letter-press from HSN.  It came with a certificate for custom plates. I read some reviews of the machine, and one lady was very angry that you had to use Illustrator or Photoshop to create the files. I kind of took that as a challenge. I am a HUGE WRMK fan, and I'm not really sure why. (It's kind of like my loyalty to Cricut, not sure why I have it, but it runs deep like my Razorback blood and OK State Cowboy Love) Well, I decided I had to prove this woman wrong about how awful this would be.

     So a free-trial, 5 YouTube videos, and about 2-3 hours later, I had my jam packed Illustrator pdf.  It was so easy.  I mean it was I-think-I-want-to-go-to-the-Vo-Tech-and-take-some-graphic-design-classes...easy. I had to use the tips and tricks on the WRMK website to make sure I used the correct sizes and what-not, but it was so much fun! I filled that puppy up with phrases and such that I want to letter-press. They said to use all the space, and I used it so well that now it looks like subway art. 



Isn't it so exciting? There is a large white border because I had to print it to scan it as a jpeg and it's a 6x8 image printed onto 8.5x11 paper. It will be quite a while until it gets here, but that just gives me extra time to practice :)

  Well I am very excited for these new changes to come, and I hope to gain more readers and bloggy friends :)  If you guys have any requests or questions, feel free to message me or leave me a comment. Don't forget to follow or subscribe. Thanks for Reading!!

~Dusty Rae

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me! Be sure to swing by my blog, I have blog candy to give away! I also host several challenges that are posted on my sidebar! Would love for you to come and enter!
    Also a great way to get more followers is to leave comments so people know you have been by their blog, otherwise they don't know to come and visit you. Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!
    DoubleClick Skittles Design Team Call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice :) I have fallen in love with Skittles! I can't wait to participate in a challenge
      ~Dusty

      Delete
  2. I am a big fan of WRMK as well. I do pocket scrapbooks and I use WRMK pocket pages and albums instead of Project Life. I do like Project Life card kits. I looking forward to your posts on the stamp press.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! I just got the confirmation saying it will be shipping next week :) Woot! I was worried the new purchase by AC would slow things down a bit.
      ~Dusty

      Delete