Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I'll Be Home For Christmas-Die Cuttin' Divas #196 Christmas Carol

Hey there fantastic friends old and new :)
 Merry Christmas! I know we're still a few days out, but this is my last challenge post before the holiday. I hope all of you get to spend good quality time with those you hold dear. This is my very favorite time of year for so many reasons. Christ is definitely my number one favorite reason for the season, but there are so many other joyous things that stem from there. I love the friendliness in the air, the traditions, the food, and the time with loved ones. My 10th wedding anniversary to the man of my dreams is on Thursday. I love him more everyday, and I am so thrilled to be in the double digits of marriage years. We leave for our Christmas vacation to Bryson City, NC this week. If you all are looking for a vacation spot in the Smoky Mountains. this little town is perfection. We went there last year, and moved our WDW Christmas plans to July so that we could go back to NC. 

We may be in the Smoky Mountains for Christmas Day, but we will be going back home to visit family in Western Arkansas and  Eastern Oklahoma. This is where the inspiration for my card in the current challenge at the Die Cuttin' Divas. Our challenge this week is to make a card inspired by a Christmas carol (don't forget the die cut) , and this may be my favorite one to date :)  It was so much fun to put this together. I went in with a small plan and an amazing inspiration card found here


I used a Doodlbug Stamp and die set by Sizzix and Hampton Arts for the little house and sun. The snowman and trees are actually random Studio G stamps that I bought in a big lot on ebay. I fussy cut them out with a Slice Precision ceramic knife. I love that thing. I found it on clearance at a office/teacher supply store for only $.50. The triangles on the side are actually some cardstock pennants from Paper Accents. I knew I wanted to use them, so I played around with them until I finally came up with this idea. My daughter says it's like a bow. She's so supportive :) The circle die is a My Favorite Things "pierced circle" die, and I have been using that set on everything. 

  
The windows literally pop out with Glossy Accents, and the snowman was colored using some Sakura pens. I couldn't capture it in the pictures, but the snowy hills are shimmery with Smooch Spritz in Vanilla.  The Sky and the striped papers are from Bo Bunny in the Elf Magic collection. I found the yellow for the sun in a scrap folder, so sadly I don't remember what brand it is. The coloring on the trees was done with Spectrum Noirs, and the coloring on the cottage was done with some La Pluma II markers I purchases on Ebay. 

I am really excited by how this card turned out. I hope it's as whimsical and fun as I tried to make it. I can't wait to see all of your carol inspired cards (with a die cut) at the Die Cuttin' Divas. Have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for reading!
~Dusty Rae

1 comment:

  1. Just amazing dusty - I love the layout, so clever - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete