Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Very First Post! Yay!

Hello to anyone reading! My name is Dusty, and this is my blog. I'm super excited to make a blog. I have been an avid blog stalker for months now, and it is about time I joined those people I admire so much. Right? Of course. It's like playing kick ball, you may be picked last, but you won't be picked at all if you don't line up. (hope that makes as much sense to you guys as it did in my head)

Well... where to start? I'm married to the only man who is my perfect fit. I get my head in the clouds quite often, but his feet are always firmly on the ground. He is an amazing husband, father, and provider for our family. I have two children, a girl, almost 8, I'll call her RR for now( just to be safe). I also have a son, freshly 4, and we'll call him RL. I get to stay home with the little one, and I will be finishing a degree in mathematics once he starts his educational adventure :)

I should warn all of you.. any of you.. I ramble, and I type basically how I speak. Many "..."'s and "umms" I'm writing this for fun, and I hope to make it fun to read.  This post will be very short, but I will share with you where the title of this blog comes from.

“Oh, God of Dust and Rainbows,
Help us to see
That without the dust the rainbow
Would not be.”
~Langston Hughes

I could dissect that all day long, and tell you all the ways and reasons I love that quote. However, I will simply say, I am a hot mess MUCH of the time,but it's through my faults that I become a better me. I also really like that my name is Dusty and it says Dust... taken me 20-something years to embrace my name, but better late than never :) Thanks for reading!!
~Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment