Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Catch-Up

Well Hello Again :)

     It has been a couple of weeks since I have created a post. I have been crafting though. How about a quick update on me and my crafts? This is essentially my therapy anyway right? I hope I don't have to pay you guys now. (Mostly just my sister since she is the one who reads this. Hi M!)

    Yay for having a mostly clean house so I can craft. I don't know how you guys are, but I can't get anything fun done if I know I have other things to do. I struggle with keeping things in order. I'm not sure if it's ADD or being scatterbrained, but I tell you guys I am the dog from "UP".... Squirrel! For years my house has been a wreck, and it makes me depressed. Then my house is a wreck because I'm depressed. It's a vicious Catch 22. I needed a change. Enter FlyLady.

     If you guys don't know who the FlyLady is, you should look her up! She is a wonderful woman that has started a system of "baby steps" to make house cleaning a habit. It's definitely a struggle for me, but my routines based on her system keep the fight going. I no longer have guilt when I do something for myself, such as CRAFTING!


   Well I haven' t made anything spectacular in a while, but I have been making a few little things here and there. The biggest being inserts for my new Filofax. I purchased the A5 Finsbury in black. It is absolutely beautiful. Initially I was scared that I would hate the black. I was concerned it would be too masculine (not to mention I was really wanting raspberry). Though, considering 95% of my wardrobe matches the colors of 1950s television, the black suites me much better.(Seriously my wardrobe was printed in grayscale)


   I had this image in my head of it coming as a complete calendar full of all the inserts I could want  need. (I would always want more) With Filofax, you have a small starter kit that gives you your essentials.  Part of the "wonderfulness" of these beautiful binders is how customizable they are to your needs. Just look up "Filofax" on YouTube, and you will see what I mean. The company I purchased from was out of the week on two pages that doesn't have the little schedule thing on it, so I decided to make my own.  Plus I have decided I need a day on two pages. This means two pages for every one day... well I think that's what I need. I'm hoping having everything in one spot will help me keep my days organized.  The ones I made are sooo cute, but not all that functional.
(Sorry if this is small or blurry, had to use a screen shot as I'm travelling)

 I didn't really leave myself much room to write. I do have one success, that is my new Month on Two Pages I made tonight.


More blurry small images. When I print them out all beautiful I will revise :)


    There truly is a lot of work that goes into setting up a planner to fit your needs.(much more than I realized) For the time being I am still using my Vera Bradley binder and making notes of what I need my Filofax to be. I thought the A5 size would be more than enough to hold all I need, but now I'm considering a family binder as well. Can you all say "fickle"? You'd think I was picking out something permanent, like a tattoo, with all the back and forth I'm doing. Regardless, I am in love, with Filofax and the Filofax community. Yes I am a nerd who loves planners and stationery. I always have :) Now I know I'm not the only one!

   I have been doing some other things as well, but with as wordy as I am, I will save those for the next post/s. I hope you enjoyed my creations. I know they aren't spectacular, but I felt a great sense of accomplishment. Comment and let me know what you think :) Thanks for reading!

~Dusty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment